“For this week’s project, I want you to close your eyes. (Well, after you read this.) And pretend that it’s January — of 2013.
One full year ahead.
And when you think about January 2013, think about where you are sitting. What you look like. Where you are. Think about all the things you did in 2011. How far you’ve come. The goals you’ve reached. The obstacles you faced in 2011. The things you learned. Visualize where you will be. Physically, mentally, emotionally. I know you don’t have much to go on since we’re not even out of January 2012 yet. But that’s kind of the whole purpose.
Now, ”future self” (*this is me waving to your future self and saying “Hi!!!”*), go ahead and write ”current self” a letter. Tell yourself what you’ve done in 2012 and who you’ve become. Tell yourself about all the scale and non-scale victories you’ve had. Anything that you think is valuable for your current self to know, go ahead, tell it.
Write the letter to yourself like it actually happened. No hypotheticals. Because “future-self” actually knows what went on in 2012! You have to trust her (or him)!! Channel “Future Self”. So that’s what it is this week. “Future-self,” write “current-self” a letter about what 2011 is like and what you hope for 2013.
This is one of those things you can actually hold in your hand when January 2013 comes around and you can see for yourself just what you’ve done. I am sure you will agree with yourself on that day and maybe even surprise yourself. Because you’ve got 11 more months to make it real. And you will. Because you rock and because you’re you, and ps. I already know what you’re made of. (And because future me told me so.)”
January 6, 2013
Well Kathleen, I must say that it has been an interesting year. While I sit here in our new backyard with Queenie on my lap in Aptos I couldn’t be happier. The Boys are getting ready to head back to school after the holidays after another amazing Christmas and New Years.
Last New Year we spent it at the Manning’s and boy did we miss them this time around. Skype is so great though, because we get to keep in great touch with them.
Some other fun things that we did this year…
- We bought Season Passes to Disney for the family.
- I started riding bikes to school with the Boys.
- Alex passed me up in my shoe size.
- We did 3 more run/walks. This time with the whole family.
- Andrew found a new job in the Bay Area finally and we got to move back to California! Wow, I never thought that would happen. That was probably the best thing of all. Better late than never.
- I stuck with Weight Watchers. Kim and I went diligently every Sunday (sometimes Mondays) and I lost 40 more pounds!! I feel fantastic!
- Bikram this year has changed my life. I am flexible, energetic and happy all the time. The new studio in Aptos is fantastic too!
- Paladin is doing much better with his Valley Fever and we hope to have another great year with him.
- Queenie and Rogue had another litter of puppies. We found them all great home and boy was I tempted to keep one.
At the beginning of the year I started 3 new Challenges.
1) 100 ounces of water a day. I am still drinking those 100 ounces of water a day and I feel great. It really helped with getting the weight off and keeping my skin healthy. With as much Bikram and Bike Riding that I have been doing, some days I drink over 150 ounces.
2) Shrink Yo’Self 2012, which ended on February 28th. My goal was to complete all of the assignments and lose at least 5 pounds during the Challenge. I did it!! I was so happy!
3) 52 Small Changes. Each week was a new Challenge. I completed them all, which I was amazed! It is so hard for me to keep with something that long, but I did it and I feel great on the inside and look great on the outside.
Being able to walk and ride my bike to the beach has been a huge thing for me right now. I not only get exercise, but I am reading more and my depression is finally gone. The ocean does wonders for Kathleen. 🙂
On a very cool note… that bathing suit that T said that I would never fit into that sits in my drawer… IT FITS!!! Woo hoo! I will post pics when I get a chance. That just made me feel even more fantastic.
Well, it has been one amazing year and I am so looking forward to 2013 and seeing what it brings me and the family.
Yourself – Kathleen.