1. shelter or protection from danger, trouble, etc.: to take refuge from a storm.
2. a place of shelter, protection, or safety.
3. anything to which one has recourse for aid, relief, or escape.
–verb (used with object)
4. Archaic . to afford refuge to.
–verb (used without object)
5. Archaic . to take refuge.
The cool thing about this photo is that you would never know that my oldest 3 Boys are the shadows you see. They were outside in the storming rain playing in the flooding surrounding area while I was seeking “refuge” inside our RV. 🙂